NDI encoder/decoder, designed in an aircraft-grade aluminum housing, with SDI and HDMI inputs and outputs, built-in cross-converter, active loop outputs, dual NDI encoding, audio intercom system, NDI counting system, PoE power, and support for BirdDog's core communications and applications, Studio NDI is the perfect complement to any live production toolkit. The video processing engine allows maximum flexibility to adapt to your needs. In NDI® single channel encoding mode, both SDI and HDMI outputs are live. Dual NDI encoding allows a single-loop output on both inputs or routing of the SDI input to the HDMI output and vice versa. Return power allows the video input to be looped to the SDI or HDMI outputs, or you can choose to have the NDI input routed to either output.
Built with total flexibility, Studio NDI can be configured as an NDI Encoder or Decoder at the click of a button. Studio NDI is the only NDI hardware in the world capable of encoding resolutions up to 1080p60 SDI and HDMI to NDI and decoding them. Studio NDI hardware only encodes and decodes the entire YUV422 NDI®.
Built-in counting system directly that does not require any configuration. Includes a large built-in Tally display for easy viewing of which camera is live, plus user selectable Tally edges in loop out, and an external Tally output.
Studio NDI can be powered by Power over Ethernet (PoE) or D-Tap from your camera battery. A power adapter is not required, although there is one in the box if you need it.
Designed with a universal thread from ¼'' at the top and bottom that allows easy mounting on magic arms and other traditional camera mounting equipment, while the 7mm diameter through-holes can be used for plate mounting. The optional camera mount adds a ¼-20 thread on the bottom for an elegant method of mounting on a hot shoe.
Studio NDI includes the free audio intercom software, Comms Lite, which supports four BirdDog devices and one control unit.
Features of Birdog Studio NDI
- SDI/HDMI to NDI (Network Device Interface) converter
- SDI/HDMI cross converter
- Onboard full screen & external tally light interface
- 802.3af/802.3at PoE (Power over Ethernet) compliant
- SD, 720P, 1080i, and 1080p standards support
- Flexible power options including PoE (Power over Ethernet)
- Central management software interface (mobile and web)
- HDMI 1.4 and 3G-SDI inputs and outputs
- Simple plug-and-play operation
- Compatible with all NDI compliant equipment
- Access video resources such as cameras, PCs, consoles, and Blu-ray players from anywhere in the facility
- Easily integrate tally into productions, even outside the studio
- Simply set the display to be full screen tally or split screen to show both information and tally
- Control and configure multiple BirdDog Studio NDI devices through our admin panel which is accessible via a web browser on both mobile devices and desktops
- SDI and HDMI outputs are always live allowing you to convert from SDI to HDMI and vice versa
- Connect a monitor to BirdDog Studio or simply use to loop out