The Ronin-S DJI is a handheld gimbal designed for DSLR and Mirrorless cameras. It allows operators to record stabilized video with one hand as they move, capturing spontaneous moments with clarity and fluidity from a different perspective. It is compatible with almost all reflex and non-mirror camera configurations on the market, and offers direct control of the camera.
SmoothTrack works on all three axes. Press and hold the front trigger to switch from vertical mode to suspended mode in a single gesture without interrupting the stabilizer movement. The new Sport mode allows you to be instantly ready to capture high-speed scenes.
The modular design of the Ronin-S makes it easy to store in a backpack for travel. With a quick-release plate that follows industry standards in its design, it's easy to mount the camera on the stabilizer for travelling or on a tripod for snapshots.
With Ronin-S you can work smoothly and effortlessly. It's easy to install, and its AutoTune lets you automatically adjust the optimal stabilizer settings. Powerful, high-torque engines actively stabilize your shot even when recording from mobile platforms at speeds of up to 75 km/h.
Keep your lens focused with the intuitive Focus Wheel. When Ronin-S is connected to a compatible camera, the focus can be adjusted using the included cable. An optional external motor can also be added, making it compatible with all types of lenses while making control more precise.
The Ronin-S has an innovative design. Its innovative frame raises the position of the camera over the axis of rotation, so the integrated camera display is always in view. In addition to allowing an uninterrupted view of the screen, the inclined rotation motor offers more room to balance larger configurations. Its ergonomic design protects the Ronin-S from the unwanted jerks that can occur when switching from suspended to upright mode in a continuous shot. The removable design allows it to operate in many situations. Install it in a remotely controlled car to record tracked counterparts or use it as a remote stabilizer when mounted on an arm. Being able to dismantle it also allows for more convenient storage.
SmoothTrack technology allows you to move effortlessly and with one hand from moving to a fixed camera angle. You can switch between three user profiles by pressing the M button, and record objects moving at high speed with the new Sport mode by holding down the M button.
The Ronin-S offers a variety of accessory mounts to support extensions such as microphones, leds and even field monitors. Compatibility with DJI control devices such as Force Pro offers intuitive control, while Master Wheels allow remote operators to make precise movements with the stabilizer. The Ronin-S also includes an S-Bus port that makes it compatible with third-party remote controls.
Features of the DJI Ronin-S Handheld Gimbal
- Designed for DSLR and Mirrorless reflex cameras
- Maximum operating speed: 75Km/h
- Maximum load capacity: 3,6Kg
- Battery Autonomy: 12h
- Camera control
- Sport Mode
- Intelligent and creative automatic functions, for panoramic shots, Timelapse, Moving Timelapse and Track
- Stabilization and operation in the 3 axes
- Modular and innovative design for easy transport and storage. Portable, versatile and ergonomic
- All-in-one control. SmoothTrack technology. 3 user profiles
- Wide ecosystem with a wide variety of accessories: Multi-purpose adapter, control unit, Focus Motor, DJI Force Pro, Master Wheels (Three axes), battery adapter
- Dimensions of the camera support:
- Maximum depth from the center of gravity of the camera base plate: 98 mm
- Maximum height from the top of the camera base plate: 150 mm
- Maximum width: 205 mm
- Port for accessories:
- Mechanical: Mounting holes 1/4"-20, 3/8"-16, mounting hole M4
- Electrical: 12V/2A accessory port, camera control port, 8-pin port
- Input power:
- Model: RB1-2400 mAh-14.4 V
- Type: 18650 LiPo
- Capacity: 2400 mAh
- Power: 34.56 Wh
- DJI Assistant 2 requirements: Windows 7 or higher; Mac OS X 10.11 or higher
- Ronin application requirements: iOS 9.0 or higher, Android 4.4 or higher
- Loading weight (reference value): 3.6 kg (Portable)
- Angular vibration range: ±0.02°.
- Max. speed of controlled rotation:
- Pan axis: 360º/s
- Tilt axis: 360º/s
- Axis of rotation: 360º/s
- Mechanical stop range:
- Pan axis: 360º continuous rotation
- Tilt axis: +185º to -95º.
- Axis of rotation: 360° continuous rotation
- Controlled rotation range:
- Pan axis: 360º continuous rotation
- Tilt Axis: +135º to -90º (Vertical Mode); +90º to -135º (Suspended and Lantern Modes)
- Axis of rotation: +30º to -30º, 360º continuous rotation (360º rotation mode)
MECHANICAL AND ELECTRICAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Operating current: Static current: ≈0.16 A
- Bluetooth operating frequency: 2.4 - 2.48 GHz
- Bluetooth transmit power: 0 dBm
- Operating temperature: -20 ºC to 45 ºC (-4 ºF to 113 ºF)
- Approximately 1.5 kg (3.3 lbs) (stabilizer only)
- Approximately 1.85 kg (4.1 lb) (stabilizer and handle included)
- Dimensions: Approximately 202 × 185 × 486 mm
- Handle BG37 (Built-in battery)
- Camera mounting plate
- Camera screw 1/4"-20 (x3)
- Support for objectives
- Elevator for cameras
- USB-C cable
- Velcro strap for stabilizer
- Storage case
- Focus Wheel
- RSS infrared control cable
- Multi-camera control cable (C-Type)
- Multi-camera control cable (Type-B)
- Secondary Handle / Tripod (Metal)
- 24W USB power adapter (varies by region)
- Accessory box
- Allen key (x2)
- Velcro strap for cable