XL 0,64x lens adapter for coupling Canon EF lenses in Blackmagic cameras with Micro 4/3 mount; made of precision machined brass with chrome plating on both the camera body and the sides of the lens, to ensure smooth mounting and durability. The lens side of the adapter features a strong leaf and spring structure, reinforcing the connection between the adapter and the lens and ensuring the lens is watertight to reduce wear and prevent focusing errors and optical alignment problems.
This adapter is similar to the standard Speed Booster M43 adapters (MB_SPEF-m43-BT3 and MB_SPEF-m43-BT4), but has been redesigned to optimize the thickness of the 2.4mm filter stack found in Blackmagic cameras, rather than the 4mm of the 4mm of a standard Micro Four Thirds being designed exclusively for Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K (BMPCC4K). They cannot be connected to any other M43 cameras such as JVC, Olympus or Panasonic cameras.
The BMPCC4K's ULTRA 0.71x speed amplifier reduces the BMPCC 4K camera's clipping factor from 2.02x to 1.29x and produces the largest aperture optics currently available, with a maximum output aperture of f/0.8. This Speed Booster is designed to cover a BMPCC4K image circle that is not large enough to cover a full size 36mm x 24mm sensor.
For use with fast lenses (faster than f/1.4), the pre-augmentation apertures will be displayed on the camera. Slow lenses will report increased apertures to the camera body, but fast lenses will report pre-fed apertures. We will not show f/0.9 with an f/1.2 lens, but f/1.2 in place.
- EF 85/1.2L connected, camera display = f/1.2, physical aperture (lens + combined speed booster) = f/0.85
- EF 35/2 attached, camera display = f/1.3, physical aperture (lens + Speed Booster combined) = f/1.3
It may be necessary to first register a zoom lens from another manufacturer in the Speed Booster/Smart Adapter to detect its maximum aperture.
Features of Metabones lens adaptor for Canon EF lenses to MFT mount (BMDPCC4K) XL 0,64x
- Canon EF mount lens to Blackmagic Design cameras with M43 mount, specific for BMPCC4K
- Increase maximum aperture by 1 1/3 stop. (with a maximum output aperture of f/0.80)
- Increase MTF
- Makes lens 0.64x wider
- Patented 7-element/4-group optical design by Caldwell Photographic in the USA
- Lens iris/aperture is set by the controls on the camera body
- Smooth iris support with the latest Canon (2009+), Tamron (SP series 2013+) and Sigma (2016+) lens models
- Image stabilization (IS) lens support
- Push autofocus if supported by camera
- Powered by camera body. With most lenses, no external power source required
- Flocking to reduce internal reflection
- Rubber gasket protects M43 mount connection from dust and moisture
- Aluminum alloy and brass construction with chromium plating
- Satin surface finish
- Detachable tripod foot compatible with Arca Swiss Style ball head, such as Markins and Photo Clam or attach to quick release plate by a 1/4"-20 screw
- The tripod foot is tailor-made to match the exact height as the BMPCC4K camera body