Speed Booster Adapter for the attachment of Canon EF lenses on the micro four thirds mount of the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K.
The BMPCC4K Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x and XL 0.64x are similar to the standard Speed Booster M43 adapters, but the optics have been redesigned to optimize the thickness of the 2.4 mm filter stack found in Blackmagic cameras, rather than the 4 mm of a standard Micro 4/3. In addition to the optimized optical design, the CINE version is equipped with a very robust cinema style locking mechanism to ensure that no slack occurs during focusing. This is especially important when using EF film lenses, as it provides a very smooth focus movement.
It is designed exclusively for Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K (BMPCC4K). They cannot be connected to any other M43 camera such as JVC, Olympus or Panasonic cameras.
The ULTRA 0.71x speed amplifier reduces the BMPCC 4K camera's clipping factor from 2.02x to 1.43x and produces the largest optical aperture currently available, with a maximum output aperture of f/0.9. It is designed to cover a BMPCC4K image circle that is not large enough to cover a full size 36mm x 24mm sensor. For use with fast lenses (faster than f/1.4), pre-augmentation apertures will be displayed on the camera, while slow lenses will report increased apertures to the camera body. Fast lenses will report pre-fed openings. We will not show f/0.9 with an f/1.2 lens, but f/1.2 in place.
- EF 85/1.2L conectado, pantalla de la cámara = f/1.2, apertura física (lente + Speed Booster combinado) = f/0.85
- Sigma 18-35/1.8 adjunto, pantalla de la cámara = f/1.3, apertura física (lente + Speed Booster combinado) = f/1.3
Features of Metabones lens adapter Canon EF to MFT (BMPCC4K) T Cine Ultra 0,71x
- Canon EF mount lens for Blackmagic Design cameras with M43 mount, specific for BMPCC4K
- Increase maximum opening by 1 stop. (with a maximum output opening of f/0.9)
- Makes the lens 0.71 times wider
- Patented 6-element/4-group optical design by Caldwell Photographic in the United States
- Lens iris/aperture is set by the controls on the camera body
- Smooth iris support with the latest Canon (2009+), Tamron (SP series 2013+) and Sigma (2016+) lens models
- Image stabilization (IS) lens support
- Push autofocus if supported by camera
- Cinema EOS lens support (CN-E 18-80mm T4.4 L), including AF (requires external 5V power via micro USB port), auto iris and servo zoom
- Powered by camera body. With most lenses, no external power source required
- Patented positive-lock EF lens mount
- Detachable tripod foot compatible with Arca Swiss Style ball head, such as Markins and Photo Clam or attach to quick release plate by a 1/4"-20 screw
- The tripod foot is tailor-made to match the exact height as the BMPCC4K camera body
- Flocking to reduce internal reflection
- Rubber gasket protects M43 mount connection from dust and moisture
- Aluminum alloy and brass construction with chromium plating
- Satin surface finish