Speed Booster Adapter for the attachment of Canon EF lenses on the micro four thirds mount of the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K.
The BMPCC4K Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x and XL 0.64x are similar to the standard Speed Booster M43 adapters, but the optics have been redesigned to optimize the thickness of the 2.4 mm filter stack found in Blackmagic cameras, rather than the 4 mm of a standard Micro 4/3. In addition to the optimized optical design, the CINE version is equipped with a very robust cinema style locking mechanism to ensure that no slack occurs during focusing. This is especially important when using EF film lenses, as it provides a very smooth focus movement.
It is designed exclusively for Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K (BMPCC4K). They cannot be connected to any other M43 camera such as JVC, Olympus or Panasonic cameras.
The BMPCC4K Speed Booster XL 0.64x reduces the crop factor of the BMPCC 4K camera from 2.02x to 1.29x and produces the largest aperture optics currently available, with a maximum output aperture of f/0.8. Slow lenses will report boosted apertures to the camera body but fast lenses will report pre-boost apertures. We won't show f/0.8 with a f/1.2 lens attached, but show f/1.2 instead.
- EF 85/1.2L attached, camera display = f/1.2, physical aperture (lens + Speed Booster combined) = f/0.77
- EF 35/2 attached, camera display = f/1.3, physical aperture (lens + Speed Booster combined) = f/1.3
Features of Metabones lens adapter Canon EF to MFT (BMPCC4K) T Cine XL 0,64x
- Canon EF mount lens to Blackmagic Design cameras with M43 mount, specific for BMPCC4K
- Increase maximum aperture by 1 1/3 stop. (with a maximum output aperture of f/0.80)
- Increase MTF
- Makes lens 0.64x wider
- Patented 7-element/4-group optical design by Caldwell Photographic in the USA
- Lens iris/aperture is set by the controls on the camera body
- Smooth iris support with the latest Canon (2009+), Tamron (SP series 2013+) and Sigma (2016+) lens models
- Image stabilization (IS) lens support
- Push autofocus if supported by camera
- Powered by camera body. With most lenses, no external power source required
- Patented positive-lock EF lens mount
- Detachable tripod foot compatible with Arca-type ball head, such as Arca Swiss, Markins and Photo Clam or attach to quick release plate by a 1/4" 20 screw
- The tripod foot is tailor-made to match the exact height as the BMPCC4K camera body
- Flocking to reduce internal reflection
- Rubber gasket protects M43 mount connection from dust and moisture
- Aluminum alloy and brass construction with chromium plating
- Satin surface finish