AJA KONA 5 SDI capture card with support for HFR 4K/UltraHD, 2K/HD, SD, Deep Color and/or HDR. KONA 5 supports 10-bit 4:2:2 and 4:4:4, or even 12-bit* color spaces allowing the ingest and output with 12G/6G/3G-SDI and monitor with a full size HDMI 2.0 port. The bi-directional 12G-SDI ports provide immense flexibility for capture and simultaneous pass through, and with the appropriate software, multi-channel capture and streaming.
For HDR workflows, KONA 5 supports HDR10 and HLG* for rich color delivery over HDMI 2.0.
KONA 5 has 4x bi-directional 12G-SDI spigots with a Reference Input and 4K/UltraHD I/O can be achieved with either a single 12G-SDI or 6G-SDI cable, or quad 3G-SDI cables. 2K/HD I/O can be achieved with a single 3G-SDI cable, or dual link 1.5G-SDI, while allowing capture and monitoring via SDI to take place simultaneously.
A full-sized HDMI 2.0 connection offers monitoring and output, with HDR , Deep Color and HFR support. Across the board, KONA 5 is the professionals choice for post, broadcast, graphics, virtual sets, pre-viz, live compositing and more.
KONA 5 ships with an included breakout cable that offers extensive connectivity for AES, RS-422 control support and Reference:
- 8-Channels of AES/EBU (BNC) In
- 8-Channels of AES/EBU (BNC) Out
- RS-422 9-pin connector for control
- LTC In and Out
KONA 5 is a 8-lane PCIe 3.0 I/O card, designed for today’s most demanding video and audio workflows
Aja KONA 5 features
- Supports 4K and UltraHD ingest and output at frame rates up to 50/60 fps
- Supports 4:4:4 and 4:2:2 workflows
- 10-bit 4K/UltraHD and 2K/Dual Link/HD/SD input and output
- 12-bit color support (application dependent)
- HDMI 2.0 output (4K/UltraHD HFR 4:2:2 10-bit)
- HDR 10 support - HDR Infoframe metadata, in accordance with HDMI 2.0a/CTA-861.3
- HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) support
- 8-Ch. AES/EBU, 8-Ch. embedded HDMI, and 16-Ch. embedded SDI digital audio I/O
- Reference Input on card (Analog black burst or Tri-level)
- Extend external connectivity with included break-out-cable
- RS-422 support on 9-pin connector
- macOS, Windows and Linux support